Polaris solar PV net news: with the built up over the PV, PV power plant site selection work more attention, find a good place is more difficult. Most owners see a similar place, you will find a professional staff to help him see if suitable for PV? Can do to capacity? Based on their experience of a multiple site location, say a few tips of my own experiences.
My location field is divided into three steps, as shown in the following table:
Explain in more detail below:
1, site preparation is required before
Photovoltaic power plant sites are generally located in relatively remote places I go often spend a lot of time on site costs, and labor costs. Therefore, preparations must be made before.
First of all, you want to communicate with owners to understand what work he had done before, his demands and ideas. Frequently asked questions: 1) project site locations, longitude was best; 2) sites about how large area, planned to do more large-scale; 3) site about what are landforms; 4) step-up substation of sites nearby, whether there was access, how much voltage level. Although most of these owners are unable to answer, but it feels like this is very important!
Communication, first to be prepared is to understand the local PV-related policies. For example, the country gave the province the size indicator be? PV projects in the province have a separate subsidy policy? Such policies, as much as possible about it. If you can understand to a project site for completed projects, return? If the construction project, to what extent progress, so much the better.
Secondly, if you can, it is best to do an indoor macro-site. If the owners can provide the longitude and latitude of location, using Google Earth, and look at the surrounding terrain, to site conditions probably in my mind. Check the local solar resources available from local solar resources such as NASA or the Meteonorm monthly total amount of radiation, the calculated output and the rough estimate the project’s level of investment income. Basically mastered the project proceeds, after telling owners to communicate and make each other heart bottom.
Finally, to prepare the hardware and software. I usually carry handheld GPS, Google Earth, Gaussian coordinate conversion software and CAD’s notebook. In addition, a scratch resistant clothing and comfortable shoes are essential.
2, site visit
Flat site is relatively simple, use a mountain site said several problems.
1) observe the mountain to mountain, is a North-South or East-West? Mountain is East-West, must have the slopes to the South. In addition, surrounded by other mountains block are not considered. You can press two mountain range above the mountain’s height is 3 times more than double the estimated.
2) mountain slope greater than 25 ° is not taken into account. Mountain slopes are too big, and subsequent difficulty in construction will be very big, difficult uphill job of construction machinery, construction work difficult, the project cost would greatly improve. In addition, future maintenance (cleaning and maintenance) will be greatly increased the difficulty. Meanwhile, in such a large area on the slope of the mountain-moving development (cable channel), and approval may also fail. But there are in a particularly steep hill (pictured below), personally I think it’s a failure.
(Photo provided by Liu Xinzheng, thanks! ）
3) basic geological conditions. Although accurate geological conditions to do geological prospecting, but can be rough visual of what, the best eye have a certain thickness of soil layer. Can be excavated from some fault or sections that look at how thick soil, soil here is what happens. If visually a half meter is hard rock Foundation’s workload would be particularly great in the future. There are situations that can be seen by the naked eye, such as the landscape is bare rock cannot be used, otherwise the formation too much work! Such sites should not be used in the following figure. If you don’t rock surfaces were cleaned, rolled down one day hit the boards to do!
(Photo provided by Liu Xinzheng, thanks! ）
These problems are resolved, GPS around the field several border points make a few points, delineation of site-wide. Meanwhile, we should look at sites within the geological situation from all angles. Because PV sites is too big, you see no picture at all from one border point, is likely to ignore many important factors.
These important factors include: 1) alluvial valley. I at a site, at sites near Southwest side is particularly flat at, that are basically the same, not go on the northeast corner. Turns out, the southeast corner is a very large alluvial valley. 2) sensitive goods. For example the Tomb. Often see graves at option PV site, if the ring came in May will be in serious trouble, even causing delays. In addition, also have farmers own land reclamation of land collapse of one or two small houses, sheep and cattle … … The land useless no tube, once it was, someone will have to pay for.
3, follow-up to the visit
1) determine site area. Hit the spot on Google Earth falls, take a look at satellite photos of sites in and around within this range, measurement of area, the capacity of the rough estimate of what you can do. General 50~100MWp is a good size, which is 1~3km2.
2) determines access to the substation. According to the site area estimate the size, will want to use how much voltage is sent out. To enquire from the project sites recent step-up substation voltage, capacity, it is best to get the electric diagram of the substation, determines whether there is surplus capacity can be connected to our project. If you can access, to see how far is the distance, transmission line cost is also very high, if the project is small, send out far, the benefits may be less than ideal.
3) determines the site categories. After the above work well, you got to check on the land Bureau in the second diagram to such sites. Now second adjustment is generally 80 coordinate system coordinates of three degrees. So, first hit the GPS coordinates of latitude/longitude coordinates are converted to 803-band, brought to the national land agency and the forestry Ministry to check. Land and forestry check is very necessary. Often a site where all good, is that class is not used. If you blindly follow up, will cause a lot of waste. In addition, most of the time, was regarded as wastelands, in class diagram is farmland; look no trees in class diagrams inside this is public forest.
In addition to classes, if possible, preferably with the local government understand the planning of sites around. One time I chose a very good site, and was told, near the site is the future planning of the new town, our projects from the proximity of urban areas, so whether it is.
Great! Above everything, this piece of land suitable for PV projects will be more clear. Owners made a few questions is summarized below.
1, site area is too small
This is the most important factor of whether the sites were. Because PV project covers bigger, 50MW items about 1.5 square kilometers of available land, the equivalent of more than more than 200 courses area. In many cases, the owners eyes gaze into the distance, very excited a wave of his hand, and said to me “you know, this large tracts of land are!” I made points in the surrounding, back it out just 10MW, whether this site was … … Site area is not enough, are most prone to problems.
2, the terrain does not
There is a saying “just because in the midst of the mountain”. When exposure to the foothills, although can become clear mountain is going, but you are unable to see the mountain panorama, can only see a small part of it. Therefore, in many cases, we feel that this is a South-facing mountain slopes, but use Google Earth bird ‘s-eye view, found that most of the South-East, South-West, even toward the East and toward the West. In addition, you can also see the entire landscape. In addition, owners sometimes not in the entire range of round, found no mountains beyond mountains. If the mountain beyond mountains, then it could easily cause a mountain shelter.
3, inappropriate hills
Solar project owners, many of them are from before the wind turned around. Some small hills, and they were very gentle (compare with copycat sites, indeed quite slow). “Very flat, I could drive on it! “I went to the site to see, on the other hand is relatively flat, but the site at, is a hill, between hills and even big Groove! I had figured that if there was a 5 ° North dip, then spacing the array must increase by more than 50%. Therefore, PV projects can only be used on the South slopes, up again with a little downhill and to the East or to the West of the Hill. If is a small hill, then arrays much more decentralized, dispersed, all investments should be increased. Therefore, PV power station site, preferably rolling acres of the mountain.
Original title: three steps to fix the PV power plant location problem